Sunday, April 11, 2010

Arghh Pirates in B & W

Happy Sunday Stampers,

Edited - I kept looking at it, then decided to remove the flowers and add the anker. My DH tells me to leave things alone and move on, but I can't help myself, I do it all the time.

Huge apologies again for being such a bad blogger, so much happening lately between sickness & family. I've misplaced my mojo also, hope it returns soon, I have lots of little Maggies coloured up, hoping to give them a new home very sooooooon. 

Anyways it's time for my favourite challenge
Magnolia Down Under Challenge #41 - Olden Days
We were asked to colour our images in black, white and greys, but still have the option of using coloured paper and cardstock. 

This was a real challenge for me, stepping out of my comfort zone, I guess that's what challenges are all about, I persevered, I've seen some amazing cards using this technique and I hope to master it one day, practice practice practice. Maybe I will give it a go with the softer distress inks.


I got the idea of the Pirate Banner on the top of my card liner from Kim Piggott, Kim used a Magnolia Stamp (I need more accessory stamps) but  had to compromise and cut this out with my Cricut, then hand cut the skull and crossbones from the Magnolia paper, it would have been easier to cut them directly from the paper on the cricut but they all faced different directions. Kim's card is so soft and breathtakingly beautiful.

Also, I thought I take a photo of the card liner before attaching it, I spotted this idea on someones blog, but apologies, I am not sure who. 

My Tickled Pink Stamps DT package from our wonderful Boss Lady Kellie arrived the other day and it was overflowing with some yummy goodies. All of the following items are available from Tickled Pink Stamps.

Of course I wanted to play with the new Pirate stamps Kellie sent, I coloured them up with Copic markers - C00. C0, C1, C2, C4, C7 , C9. Tilda & Edwin were cut out and raised for dimension with pop dots. I distressed the edges of my cardstock, inked them up and added some Star Dust stickles.

Magnolia Stamps - Pirate Tilda, Pirate Edwin - soon to be realeased  from the Pirates, Fairytale and Princess Collection, available for Pre-Order soon here
Patterned Paper - Magnolia's So Spooky Halloween Papers - perfect for the new Pirate Collection - available now here
Charms - Skull & Cross Bone, Red lace - all from Tickled Pink Stamps, Anker cut with my Cricut - Lifes a Beach cartridge.

I have also entered this in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Mono Mania


Personalised Stamps are back by popular demand, pre-order yours now. I've had lots of enquiries from our international blogging friends, well now you too can order one, Kellie will be shipping worldwide,  but for stamps only.

Looking for inspiration, stop by & see what the other Design Team Members have created, they are all amazing! Thanks for joining this wonderful challenge, I can't wait to see what you come up with & hope you will join us next week.

Also look out for the new release of the FairyTale Collection with gorgeous papers, cute Pirates, Little Princesses, and MANY MORE…. Sign up to Tickled Pink Stamps Newsletter to be sure NOT to miss a thing!

I've just have received my copy of the new Magnolia Ink Magazine, it is amazing, the Design Team out did themselves again, their creations are so inspiring and Magnolia have a sneak peak of some gorgeous new goodies. So if you have not ordered yours yet, than you better hurry here.

Tickled Pink Stamps now has it's own Blog and to celebrate all the store's changes Kellie has some amazing Blog Candy to giveaway. Entries are open for everyone not just Aussies, stop by here to find out more.

Wow, I apologise for my long winded waffle, thanks for visiting & I hope you all have a fantastic weekend

55 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow now that's a challenge all right and a hard one to boot..but arrrh my pretty, you did it perfectly.

Maria said...

Smashin' card Jodie! Gorgeous colouring and I love the pop the ribbon and flowers give the card. Those DPs are just perfect for these cute images. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Maria

Debra James said...

Jodie you certainly are having a lot going on in your life at the moment I hope things start getting better for you soon,xx. "WOW" your card is Gorgeous, I love the colour combo,my favourite colours tog and looks brilliant with those stamps in black and white- Stunning card. Hugs xxxx

Angelwood said...

Wow! You've done a beautiful job coloring these images in black and white. Very challenging indeed! Love the pop of red on your image. Gorgeous! hugs, Angela

Tracey Feeger said...

Jodie this is super duper gorgeous. Great job with the colours. Love these dar pirates too.
mwah
Trace

DonnaMundinger said...

Tough challenge is right, especially for someone who does color so beautifully! Great job though, Jodie! Love the pops of red and that skeleton paper is fab! xxD

Esther said...

Woww gorgeous card,it's a beauty.
I've just bought this stamps myself.
They are so cute this little pirates.

Hugs Esther

Kathy said...

THis is such an adorable card!!! WHAT a challenge!!! Love what you did with it and your colors look stunning together!!!
Hope things get better at home for you!
:)Kathy

Kylie said...

Jodie - what a gorgeous pirate card! I love your colour combo - the red is the perfect touch.
Hope you are having a great weekend,
Hugs
KylieK
xx

Sue said...

Oh, Jodi, this is adorable. This little pirate couple in black and white is wonderful. They don't look all that scary though with the little heart eye patch, so cute.

Hugs
Sue

Fran said...

Wowzers, it's is the most fantastically fabulous card EVER!!! I just love these little guys in black and white, they look so stunning and the little splashes of red really make this card pop. I absolutely love it, it's breath taking!!

heidy said...

Oh Jodie,This little pirate couple looks great in black and white.
You did a great job.
Hugs Heidy

Maris said...

Hi Jodie, what a great card you made, arrrggggggg love them those pirates xx

Anonymous said...

Jodie, you did a fabulous job coloring these two pirates--great shading and highlights! I love the red details, lace bow, and the perfect pirate paper!
Hugs,
April

Renkata said...

Hi Jodie, I wish you all the best for you and your family.
Your card is very pretty and the old black and white look is so gorgeous.
Love it.
Hug's
Renkata

Kellie said...

Jodie I just knew you would do something jaw dropping amazing with this challenge as you always do but this....this just BLEW ME AWAY... Absolutely amazing! Colouring looks gorgeous as always and your use of everything Tickled Pink is amazing! A true inspiration!
Hugs Kel xx

Jackie Thomas said...

OMG Jodie, this card is out of this world. The touches of red look amazing. I hope things start to settle down soon for you. xo Jackie

Jane said...

WOW!! I think you have mastered the technique already Jodie. Your card is stunning and I love the little red touches on the images! Amazing work! hugs, Jane xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!! your cards are soooooooooooo AMAZING !! I really love seeing what you create I would love to be able to produce the quality of work as you do..I love the colours and the red looks so fantastic not to mention those images are way wicked!

xxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is absolutly stunning Jodie!! LOVE IT!
Kristy xx
P.s Thanks Kell and I had a fab weekend, not much crafting but lots of drinking and laughing.

Sandi said...

Jodie, simply wonderful, love the mono-chromes on this. Hugs

Tindaloo said...

absolutely stunning card - I love the way you've colored it, and the way the red really pops out at you!

Anonymous said...

awwww....you're not a bad blogger! just a BUSY blogger! lol Your creation is adorable! I have these stamps on the way...they are just to cute to resist! Katie Cotton has a video on coloring like this... I have a link to it on my blog if you haven't already watched it... it really made it fun for me! I just got a chuckle out of the X on Edwin's shirt and the red hearts on Tilda! Yep, he's the ONE! lol TFS Jodie!
Pam Going Postal

Véro said...

Wouah!Your card is so lovely!The 2 little pirats are cute!I love them!
Bravo!!!

Nancy said...

Great job Jodie! Love your coloring on this adorable card. Perfect design papers for these adorable little pirates. I love the touch of red. Awesome job.

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning Jodie, wonderful colouring, love the dsp and your charm, hope you are soon fully recovered, take careX:)

Janiel/ janny said...

well you have gone and done it again girlie!!! STUNNING!!!!!!!!! OVER THE TOP!!! I love what you have done with these images..
Hope your week is GREAT!!
hugs, Janiel

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

LMBO!!!!! Jodie no fair lol! i WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING TOO LOL!!!You know i like it with the anchor,yup it worked out perfectly!! Okay no more touching up again,lol!!What can i say that hasn't been said??Oh goodness the best black,white and grey images i have seen! YOU LOST YOUR MOJO WHERE?? I hope i find it LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Always have the most stunning cards.So dead serious,RubyM:)

p.s
WHAT COMFORT ZONE??It looks like it was a walk in the park for you on this challenge lol!!! :)

Stampalicious said...

it's a gorgeous card!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

What a cute idea to use the black & white plus the bright red to highlight the details Jodie. It's such a cute card and the inside is as cute as the front. I have family illness issue too....sigh. However, let's get our mojo back and sometimes spending time doing craft is a great therapy. Keep it up Jodie!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Oh Jodie, I love your pirate card in this gorgeous black/white/red combo! Your coloring is awesome, as always! The anchor looks great there! Hugs, Cami

Deborah said...

Awesome~!! I would love to come and stamp with you one day. I could learn so much. Do you do classes?

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Jodie!
Fantastic colouring. That takes a bit of doing to get the colouring so right and you ahve done it.
The red really pops.
Perfect.
Hugs Marion

Leonie said...

Wow Jodie this is just amazing!! I am totally in awe of those sweet pirates!! And your b/w colouring just blows me away. i'm too scared to even try. Love the touch of red too.
Hugs Leonie

Heidi Hihn said...

Wonderful job! I love the color combo, it is one of my favorites!

Tracey said...

Jodie, this is absolutely incredible!! I love the black & white colouring and with the red it looks awesome!! xx

Peggie said...

Love black and white together. I think it probably looks better with the anchor than it would have with flowers.

Cherri said...

Well I think you did a marvelous job with this challenge! I love your card and especially the little red bow.

Gloria Dawson said...

Jodie amazing job as always! Hope you get your mojo back real soon....your blog is one of my favorites!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great job! they really look they are out of a black and white photo!!

Cissy said...

Wow Jodi! What a challenge indeed! You coloured that just perfect. Love the red papers.

~Cissy

joanne said...

awesome card,I need to learn how to do this!.I love the coloring.

Barb Hardeman said...

OMG, Jodie! You did an awesome job on this card! Oh, coloring with the greys would be such a huge challenge for me too, but you pulled it off to perfection! The red is a wonderful WOW factor. I love how you finished the inside of the card too! Goodness, all that tiny cuttying and gluing!!!! If this is the quality of work you do when your Mojo is gone, I'm in trouble LOL!! hugs...Barb

Karen W said...

Wonderful card! You said you stepped out of your comort zone, well, you should be very proud on how it turned out! Great job

Karen

Christine Riley said...

SO cute Jodie, love the black and white. Love your fun papers and layout.
Hugs, Christine

Jodi said...

Your card is just Awesome!! I love the perfect shading to the images!! Great job!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Jodie, It's really hard to believe this is your first go at the black and white images, cause this is probably the best I've ever seen! You're a true natural! Of course, red, black and white, is the perfect color combo to go with it, and that achor is the perfect touch! Didn't see it with the flowers, but I adore it with the anchor!
hugs!
Sharon

Patti Jo said...

So striking with the black, white and red! Terrific design and fabulous work Jodie! No loss of Mojo here, love how you've colored this too!

Candy said...

Jodie!! This is magnificent!!! What great work - I can't believe this is your first in black, white and grey!! The touches of red are perfect and your pirate flags shouldn't be soft and beautiful like Kim's; they are PIRATES - it's perfect and obviously took a lot of time and effort to make!! Great on the inside as well. Didn't see the flower version but sure love the red anchor!!!
Love, Candy

Debbie Pamment said...

Hiya Jodie - I have to say for someone who stepped out of their comfort zone you just ROCKED this - I could just sit and stare at this for hours - just AWESOME!
Hope you get on top of things soon!
xXx

Eulanda said...

Ooh Jodie this is so cool!! I love it!! The skull paper totally rocks! Great job and I think if you find an extra mojo lying around when you find yours can you please send it home? I'm missing mine too. LOL! Thanks!

Vivi Casale said...

your card is stunning Jodie!! great job!!!

I have a House Mouse candy, if you are interested stop by on my blog to check it out!!
Hugs & Kisses

Vivi

Andrea, said...

Fab card Jodie, I love the touch of red with the black and white

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW...this card is stunning! Fab colouring. Luv the colour scheme.

xoxo,
Lori

vena7 said...

Wspaniałe prace.Masa kolorków.Piekne

Related Posts with Thumbnails